Sunday 25 February 2018

Problem Solving

My first attempt at problem solving with mixed ability groups. I put a problem up on the board and the students were given a pencil and paper to draw or show their working out. The problem was an addition. I reminded the students of the ways we had discussed how we could solve problems. 

I have 26 pairs of Jandals  ( image ) and  I bought  4 pairs from the warehouse, How many pairs of jandals do we have altogether.

Refection:  I think the students did well for our first attempt. Some of the groups need to be changed.
I have a lot of students who sit back and let others do the solving. We need some turn taking so that everyone in the group contribute their ideas and everyone listens and encourages others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team 4 Art Rotations.

Team 4 had so much fun during our Art Works Rotations. We made music beats, dances, photography and painting. In Ms Tumahai's class, we ...