Saturday 24 February 2018

Maths Inquiry

This year Pt England School is embarking on the  Developing Mathematical Inquiry Communities  formally known as DMIC with  Professor Bobby Hunter. I like Bobby's passion and commitment to the programme and delivering an inquiry-based teaching approach aimed at raising student achievement in low decile schools. I'm confused but interested and after having conversations with colleagues I felt better knowing that I was not the only class that had not started the programme. 

However,  I was inspired this morning after my meeting with our Associate Principal who helped guide me in my Inquiry question to shape my ideas for what I wanted to do with my students. So my question is - Will introducing language problems and real world contexts improve the language of maths for lower performing students in my class. This may need a bit more thinking but it's a start in the right direction of my inquiry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Team 4 Art Rotations.

Team 4 had so much fun during our Art Works Rotations. We made music beats, dances, photography and painting. In Ms Tumahai's class, we ...