Wednesday 2 December 2015

Inquiry Question


Our Inquiry afternoon discussion.

19/10/15 The purpose for this afternoons discussion was to bringing along something you needed help with, some advice on how to best try to help your students. 

My question was, How do I get my students to write?"

What is happening presently? Well, as a class we choose a topic which might be, what you did in the weekend. I write what a student did on the board and then the students will copy from the board or in some cases I will write in their books,( I know sounds boring) and that's about it really.

In our inquiry discussion today I got some really great feedback about getting students to come up with a sentence repeat the sentence to the teacher, then turn to a friend tell them tell Harold our giraffe, this is to help the students retain the information. Again repetition is the main driving force for this age group. 

11/15 I have been using different ideas and experiences for the students to write about.
Our team 1 inquiry topic is "Animal Survivors". The students are enjoying the inquiry and we recently went to the zoo. There is a lot of vocabulary coming out of the students such as, soft, fur, rough, stripes,stretch, swing ,climb. 

So, the writing is not independent but the ideas and information is theirs. However, they are writing and finding the high frequency words they need for their sentence.

On reflection, Great conversations with my team different teachers from different year levels made the discussion interesting thank you for your support.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team 4 Art Rotations.

Team 4 had so much fun during our Art Works Rotations. We made music beats, dances, photography and painting. In Ms Tumahai's class, we ...