This is what I tell the students everyday, and every day they surprise me just that little bit and that little bit is OK with me.
The question in my new Inquiry group this term was,
What would I see now in your class at writing time?
1. You will see a group of independent writers, which I didn't have last term.
2. You will see students using the word cards and word wall to support them in their writing.
3. You will see me working with a small group, and not whole class teaching.
4. Capital letters and full stops in the right place most of the time.
5. You will see a little less prompting from me.
6. You will see students that are excited to write.