Monday 10 August 2020

Manaiakalani Create Workshops

 Manaiakalani Schools in the Tamaki cluster got the opportunity to learn about things that you might have been wondering about. My first workshop was coding, this was difficult and a lot to take in for an afternoon. For someone that knows very little about coding, a step by step break down of how to make a code instead of trying to work out what the code was, would have been helpful to me. My second workshop was more coding but with robots. We used the program scratch to enter a code to make our robot talk and move. It was an interesting afternoon.
I need to find time to practise what we learned this afternoon. Thanks to all who planned and shared with us this afternoon.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce,
    I Like the constructive feedback you have given. I was in the same workshops as you, I found the second workshop very useful, informative and applicable. I struggled a little with the first workshop as on reflection, I think I would have coped better if I was given an overall picture of the "rationale" of a code rather than trying to go straight to working out what the code was. Mind you I know time would have been a factor, understandable! Still it was enjoyable. Thank you to everyone who made the afternoon possible.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry into Maths 2024

Inquiry into Maths 2024 How do I engage and support our less confident learners to show their understanding of word problems?