Saturday 24 February 2018

Opportunity for a discussion

When things happen in class one of my student's always comes to me and say's "Ms Tumahai I think we have a problem."  this can be a little tiring considering the solution is a quick fix.
So I decided to ask the students to discuss amongst themselves their thoughts of what is a PROBLEM?, what does it mean?. They started putting up their hands but I decided no hands up would be helpful to sieve out the student that had lots to say and the students who had the least because this would help group the students in preparation  for my inquiry. 


Will introducing language problems and real world contexts improve the language of maths for lower performing students in my class?

 
I wrote down their thoughts. I then put up another question for discussion Can you fix problems?  Here is what the students said.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team 4 Art Rotations.

Team 4 had so much fun during our Art Works Rotations. We made music beats, dances, photography and painting. In Ms Tumahai's class, we ...